Hello.

On Fri 2002-12-06 at 17:54:53 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> I have one question : if I go the RestTimes route, that is having a row per
> day and so 7 row per restaurants : can I, in one SQL request, know if THAT
> restaurant is open or close now ? I now there are NOW() function in SQL and
> probably many others, but I am not at ease to use them since I have pretty
> basic SQL skills.
> How can I make a query that would return as well an extra field with a
> boolean flag (open/close) ?

You mean something like the following?

SELECT IF( NOW() BETWEEN open AND close, "open", "closed" )
FROM   your_table
WHERE  <some_condition>

If you want to query only those which are open, you would simply put
the BETWEEN condition to the where clause instead.

HTH,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]