I have the binlog files stored to a separate drive (actually a partition on
a drive other than the raid array for the tables). When this partition
becomes full, mysql's load average goes from 1.5 to 25 and stays there until
more space is available on the partition that holds the binlog.

This isn't the biggest deal in the world, since I should make sure there is
enough space, but why is this happening? It never happened with 3.23.x.
Although it used to cause a segfault in 4.0.2. (MySQL 4.0.5 actually did
segfault, but a while after it ran out of space and had 0 processes running.
How it had 0 processes running is beyond me...)

Sincerely,
Steven Roussey
http://Network54.com/

sql,query