At 15:07 -0500 12/10/02, Michael She wrote:
Apparently, aren't bulk inserts faster?

I'm currently looping my insert statements, but from what I read, a single bulk insert should be faster?

Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, a single bulk insert will be faster.

Also, the reason your "multiple statements separated by semicolons"
approach fails with a syntax error is that the client server
protocol does not allow you to send multiple statements in the
same string.  Indeed, you might even get a syntax error by adding
a semicolon to the end of a string containing a *single* query,
because semicolons are not actually part of any SQL statement syntax.