At 11:00 PM 12/10/2002 -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:
Yes, a single bulk insert will be faster.

Also, the reason your "multiple statements separated by semicolons"
approach fails with a syntax error is that the client server
protocol does not allow you to send multiple statements in the
same string.  Indeed, you might even get a syntax error by adding
a semicolon to the end of a string containing a *single* query,
because semicolons are not actually part of any SQL statement syntax.

Shoot, this is what I thought. I tried it without a semi-colon as well but it didn't work. So are you saying that the Windows ODBC MySQL driver doesn't support multiple statements?

Thanks.
--
Michael She : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile : (519) 589-7309