Thanks for the reply Bill, however this did not solve the problem. I
still receive the same error with your method as well.

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ';
CREATE TABLE Departments (
  DeptID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,' at line 4

> Are you first creating a new database first with mysql_create_db()
> before trying to run your schema? What error message do you get? The
> code you've posted is only creating a table.

Yes. I am:

$V2DB = "V2_SL".$CompanyID;
$result = mysql_create_db($V2DB, $linkI);
mysql_select_db ($V2DB, $linkI) or die ("Could not select ".$V2DB."
Database");

> Also, rather than opening and reading in an external file or
> doing all
> those $sql .= lines, you might have an easier time using
> heredoc syntax,
> which would let you do something like
>
> $sql = <<<SQL
> CREATE TABLE IP_Dept (
>    IP_Addr int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default
>    DeptID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default
>
>    ...etc
>
> SQL;
>
> $result = mysql_query($sql,$linkI);

Thanks for that tip, however it fails the same as opening the file and
same as "$sql .="

> (hopefully $linkI is your mysql connection) This way you
> don't have to bother with all that quoting.

Yes, $linkI is my connection identifier.

I just have an awful feeling that PHP/mySQL won't let me stack commands
like that because if I just do one table, like this:

$sql = <<<SQL
CREATE TABLE Schedule (
  ScheduleID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  TargetRange char(255) default NULL,
  ScannerID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  RunEvery char(50) default NULL,
  NextRun datetime default NULL,
  LastRun datetime default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (ScheduleID)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
SQL;

It "works". However I'm dreading doing this one table at a time. Grr.