At 15:31 +0000 12/18/02, Jeff Snoxell wrote:
Hi,

I've got that sussed now and am happily using the aquired ref to subsequently play with the record etc. One other related problem and I recon I'm sorted....

How do I reset the auto-increment value?

I'm working with MySQL 3.23.36 so, according to "MySQL, Paul Dubois, New Riders" running the query:

"DELETE FROM my_table_name"

should reset it... but it doesnt'.

What SQL do I use to reset the val.
You can't believe anything that book says.  The author didn't even include
anything about TRUNCATE TABLE my_table_name.

Ta,

Jeff