At 03:28 PM 12/20/2002 -0800, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> I think it will in time...thats why i stick with it. besides,
> confidence is often just a synonym for 'knowledge'

Really?  I tend to see it more like confidence builds with experience
(and therefore time).  You don't need to know a lot about to become
confident in its operation.  Many of us don't *really* understand how
gravity works, but we're quite confident in it.
The gravity is a great analogy. It works with databases too. People are confident in gravity because it is an observable fact of our planet. For millennia people have experienced gravity and have grown accustomed to it. The same can be said of DB2 and Oracle. People have been using it for years, hence the comfort level with these products.

MySQL can be analogized to a new phenomena. People wonder what it is, what it does, and how it operates. Over time, MySQL will gain the confidence and accept of lay-people and turn into gravity of sorts.
--
Michael She : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile : (519) 589-7309