On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 02:55:19PM -0500, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> Is there in *nix an implementation of GUIDs? If the MS math is too
> be believed, GUIDs are guaranteed unique for the next century. No
> matter how many monkeys are at the typewriters. Supposing a) that
> there is a *nix GUID implementation, what's the right column type to
> use within MyISAM and InnoDB? Assuming that anyone besides me finds
> this interesting, will MySQL ever support GUID column types?

That was one of the topics that came up this summer when I chatted
with Monty & crew about replication and auto-increment ideas.  He
seemed open to the idea but didn't commit to implementing anything.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 15 days, processed 555,361,246 queries (410/sec. avg)