From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 11:12 AM
To: Chris Boget; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Query mysql on another server

At 10:08 -0600 1/7/03, Chris Boget wrote:
We have a *nix network and on that network we have 2
web servers.  One for development (server1) and one for production
(server2).  And on each of those servers we have MySQL installed.  Is
there a way we can query a table on server2 from server1?
No.

I know that when you are using a database from the mysql command line,
you can query a table in another database just by using select
databasename.tablename.  But the same method using servername doesn't
work.  Is this even possible?
No.

thnx,
Chris