Charles,

>> I posted the same problem a couple of days ago. LOCAL will not work
>> because of a security "improvement" the MySQL folks applied.

> LOAD DATA INFILE "C:\\mysql\\fred.txt" INTO TABLE data_table;
> Hope this helps, but only a workaround...

Without LOCAL, quite alot of things will not work. Imagine an ISP giving
every customer write privileges for the mysql/bin directory ... ;-/

Unfortunately, Monty did'nt mention if this is fixed in 4.0.8 or going
to be fixed in 4.0.9 or 4.1. Personally, I regard this security
"improvement" rather a bug than a feature.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>