At 18:39 +0100 1/8/03, Stefan Hinz, iConnect (Berlin) wrote:
Charles,

 I posted the same problem a couple of days ago. LOCAL will not work
 because of a security "improvement" the MySQL folks applied.

 LOAD DATA INFILE "C:\\mysql\\fred.txt" INTO TABLE data_table;
 Hope this helps, but only a workaround...
Without LOCAL, quite alot of things will not work. Imagine an ISP giving
every customer write privileges for the mysql/bin directory ... ;-/

Unfortunately, Monty did'nt mention if this is fixed in 4.0.8 or going
to be fixed in 4.0.9 or 4.1. Personally, I regard this security
"improvement" rather a bug than a feature.
The implementation certainly is problematic, but the underlying
issues that it tries to address is definitely real and not to be ignored.
People who say otherwise generally don't understand what those issues
are.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>