On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 04:28:53PM -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> > Out of curiosity, which version of gcc are you using?
>
> As I posted a few lines up, it's gcc 2.95.4 ;-)

Oh, err.  Hm.  Right.  I can read.  Yeah.

> After I sent the original message, I tried to play around with the
> configure variables, and discovered that it only worked by
> eliminating the entire
>
> '--with-named-thread-libs=-DHAVE_GLIBC2_STYLE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R    \
> -D_THREAD_SAFE -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH                            \
> -L/usr/local/lib       \
> -llthread -llgcc_r'
>
> group; I tried removing each one individually and it failed each
> time with the
>
> checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char), 77
>
> error.

Hmm.

> I've since given up, installed with the exact configure line shown
> in the MySQL docs, FreeBSD section, and it worked perfectly, so I'm
> worrying about moving my grant tables from 3.23.49 and so forth,
> instead of getting Linuxthreads to work....But I'd be happy to try
> to get this fixed, especially if it will help others.

If you're interested, I could make my FreeBSD binary availale just to
see if it runs on your system.  I wouldn't expect you to run it for
real--just see if it starts.  I'm a little curious now to see if my
builds even work on a non-Yahoo version of FreeBSD.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 1 days, processed 36,740,584 queries (336/sec. avg)