Peter,

MySQL stores all updates that modify, insert or delete the database in a transaction log file, as long as the option is turned on, it is by default in some cases. The newer versions of MySQL use a binary log, often stored in the the data directory and named like "hostname".001, .002, etc....

If you are logging and you are using the binary format you will need to use the mysqlbinlog command to read the parse the log file.
Try the command mysqlbinlog --help to get a list of options for the program.

Good Luck

David

peter a wrote:

this may seem as a desperate questions, but is there anyway to restore
deleted data from a table? Is there any logs of the database commands
that for example sql-servere has, that can be used to rollback to the a
specific time and in that way restore the old content of a database.

I was pretty stupid a accidently deleted a little too much from a table,
and I now I regret doing so.. if it's lost, it's lost, but if it isn't
that would be better...

thanks. /peter a