On 13 Feb 2003, at 15:31, Luc Foisy wrote:

> Using variables is the best response to my question. I just dislike
> using them cause they are ugly to work with because of the session
> persistance and because I have to issue multiple queries to do the
> job.

Using variables seems to be the way to do what you want in MySQL.  I
agree with you that it's ugly, but then I don't understand why you
insist on using MySQL to get the numbers.  This seems like something
that's trivial to do in your application, using Perl or PHP or C or
whatever language you're using.  Just increment a variable in the
loop where you're retrieving and printing your results.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online