On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:52:18PM -0800, Steve Edberg wrote:
> >That means no field exists or should exist in the database. I only want to
> >generate at query time.
> >I can't use an autoincrement field since that wont work very well with
> >results that are returned out of order and maybe not with all the data.
> >
> >Using variables is the best response to my question. I just dislike using
> >them cause they are ugly to work with because of the session persistance
> >and because I have to issue multiple queries to do the job.

If the value isn't being used to even select a row, why not wrap the lines
with <OL>...results...</OL> or perhaps just use PHP/Perl/? to do an $i++ for
display?

Why put this in the query at all, if it has nothing to do with the data?
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)