Stefan and Gerald--

Thanks for the input. Here's how I solved it ... I used a textfile that had worked for me the very first time I did such an exercise weeks ago. This particular textfile came on a CD with the book I was using. And by copying and pasting, so that all the spacing and line breaks were out of this particular textfile, but the actual data were new, I finally had a textfile that worked.

It's annoying, but I can live with this for now.

Steve Tiano

Steve,

But still only one record, that first one, come in ... at least as
evidenced by the SELECT * FROM [table_name]. What do I try next?

Next thing is you send the CREATE TABLE statement of your table, plus
at least two lines of your import text file (not as attachment, the
list manager would skip it).

Regards,
--
Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>