Hi All,
    Once again we have run into a situation where our production
database is throwing an error regarding  the use of table locks for
"no apparent reason".

We are running MySql on windows with InnoDb. We have a section
of code which is working fine most of the time but occasionally will
through an error complaining that a table is not locked.

Based on the Java stack dump, the SQL statement which caused
this error to appear was
Select TransactionTypeID  From transactionheader Where
TransactionHeaderID ="1234"

The error reported was :
java.sql.SQLException: General error: Table 'transactionheader'
was not locked with LOCK TABLES

We have our connection set to Autocommitt=1, and No table locks
are ever explicitly being done on this table anyplace in any of our
code modules.

Will someone please help me understand why a select statement
without an update would ever cause a tables not Locked error ?

Thanks
Steff

--
Steff McGonagle