On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 01:16:46PM -0700, Jeff Mathis wrote:
> great. the files are exactly as you describe.
>
> we are doing transactions when we load. auto commit is off, and the
> loader commits rows after a certain number has hit the database.
> however, if I understand you correctly, once a load is complete and
> everything has been committed, we are free to delete these files if
> we want. database backup and recovery is a separate issue?

Those files have nothing to do with transactions.

They log files used primarily for replication.  If you're not using
replication, remove them and disable the "log-bin" option in my.cnf.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 46 days, processed 1,581,653,168 queries (393/sec. avg)