Peter L. Berghold wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:41:07PM -0800, Brian wrote:

I have a client with approximately 2 gigabytes of un-indexed document files
(includes text and graphics).

He wants to be able to enter a few parameters and bring up a list of all

[snip]

I'd leave them as flat text files and go from there. If they are adding
or removing from the "library" then do a re-index at an interval that makes sense.

I'd use MySQL, Apache, and UDMSEARCH. It provides the web interface for the google search engine (Apache and UDMSearch), while connecting to MySQL. If you want, the re-indexing can occur using a cron, and then by making apache serve the documents from the root and doing the fancy indexing. I suppose this is getting off topic, though. [grin]

Joe