Sounds to me that you have some permission problems. I use Crystal Reports
against MySQL and many other databases and it works fine. All you have to do
is setup a ODBC DSN (user or system DSN) with a username and password. Make
sure this user exists in MySQL so the user can get in. I would check your
MySQL log files and system log files to see if you are getting denied
access.