On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 07:57, Wynne Crisman wrote:

Hi !!

> I too have had problems with Crystal Reports and MySQL using the ODBC
> drivers provided by MySQL.  The problem is not that you can't make
> Crystal Reports work with MySQL, but that when you connect to the
> database Crystal Reports is unable to display the tables that are in the
> database.
>
> This makes interacting with MySQL more difficult since the queries have
> to be written by hand.   For complex reports requiring multiple queries
> it makes CR very inefficient (because it won't modify hand written
> queries, it just runs the query once for each drill down).
>
> I have not yet figured out how to get around this.  Some one page
> reports take 10 seconds to complete and involve dozens of queries when
> only 3 should be necessary.  Obviously this won't scale well for larger
> reports involving thousands of records.
>
> I am using the root login and testing under win2k/XP with the latest
> compiled version of MySQL, latest (3.51) ODBC driver, and CR 9.0 with
> the latest patches.

Crystal Decisions, the company behind Crystal Reports is currently
working actively on why CR 9 is failing with MySQL, but it used to work
fine with earlier versions like 8.x.

Will let you know any status on this to myodbc list in a day or so.

Thanks

> ~Wynne

Regards, Venu
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Mr. Venu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  MySQL AB, Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Palo Alto, CA-94306, USA
       <___/  www.mysql.com

Join MySQL Users Conference and Expo:
http://www.mysql.com/events/uc2003/