On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:15:00 -0800, Jeremy Zawodny used a few
recycled electrons to form:
| On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 01:04:59PM -0800, Steven Nakhla wrote:
| >
| > Are there currently any open-source mail servers that utilize MySQL?
|
| Yes, many.
|
| > I know that there are some that will authenticate against accounts
| > stored in a MySQL database, but I am looking for a mail server that
| > actually stores the messages in the database.
|
| Why, exactly?

I know of one, but it isn't open source. It's called "Iris" and
was written in-house by one of our developers. Iris currently
processes all the email forwarding, pop, IMAP, etc for
directNIC.com customers. It supports filters, mailing lists,
archiving, RBLs, auto-responders, and probably a couple things I
forget... I'm trying to get him to add a NNTP interface for the
mailing lists now. ;-)

So I guess the short answer is yes, there is at least one. We
only use it in-house currently.

There might be others...

--Michael