You may be able to do something with SquirrelMail. It's an email front end written in PHP, so you may be able to customize it for your needs. I actually have a need to store all emails in a database also, mainly to link emails with people for followups.
I actually do this right now, but I have a script that runs every 2 minutes to transfer email to and from the mail server and the database. It's actually a kludge of pieces right now (FileMaker, Applescript, Outlook Express), which I am looking to replace with open source software.