Hi all,
I've got a java application running with  MySQL 3.23.39 on a Win2K server.
No other application uses this MySQL server.
And yesterday it just shut down without any reason. This is the second time.
The first time was a few months back and I didn't pay attention to it.
Does anyone have any explanation or similar experience and fix?

Here is the related extract from mysql.err:
030331  9:14:13  db\mysql\bin\mysqld-opt: Normal shutdown

030331  9:14:14  db\mysql\bin\mysqld-opt: Forcing close of thread 569  user:
'testuser'

030331  9:14:14  Aborted connection 569 to db: 'testdb' user: 'testuser'
host: `localhost' (Unknown error) - see
http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Communication_errors.html
030331  9:14:14  db\mysql\bin\mysqld-opt: Shutdown Complete

It's very unlikely that a query caused MySQL to 'crash' or shut down by
itself because there was no query at that time and the last query - 6mins
before the shut down - was (and has always been) successfully performed
without any problem.

I've looked around on various web forums for anything similar but I've only
gathered that this might be possible if the partition on which resides the
data is full. But that is not the case with the machine. Anyway, there is no
'disk full' warning in the mysql.err file.
The URL for this info is 'intermittently' available though:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/108/2002/8/0/9430513/

No other place mentions about such problem. Could anyone kindly enlighten me
:)?

Many thanks,
Al.