Dear sir/madam

Please tolerate my poor English.
I had been using mysql for a while without any problems.
And one day Error occuered ,I could not access it anymore.
My password which I had been using has been declined and i have this error "Access Denied "
even though I have never changed password, at least not I am aware of.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
Welcome to Darwin!
[Hisako:~] hisako% /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p mysql
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
[Hisako:~] hisako% /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -P mysql
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.55-entropy.ch

I tried to reset password with code below after I removed startupitem from library and left it at desltop,
then typed the following code after restarting computer.
but I failed.
I do not have any idea why I can not change password.