I joined this list some time ago, but I still haven't had time to really start learning MySQL yet. I just wanted to ask a couple questions while they're fresh in my mind:

1. Can you point me to some good examples of online MySQL-driven tables that offer visitors sortable columns and rows - especially any that offer visitors a choice of HOW they want to sort them?

2. Can MySQL tables also incorporate style sheet attributes, regulating the cell background colors/images, font type, etc.?

You can see an example of what I'm getting ready to tackle at http://www.geobop.com/Marini/2.htm The second and third tables each have rows representing several Central American nations and several nations in the Caribbean. The nation's names are followed by the names of animals, which can in turn be divided into mammals, birds and reptiles. These are JavaScript-driven sortable columns that visitors can arrange alphabetically.

I also got some good pointers from studying this page - http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html

After I get a handle on this, I think I'll be ready to finally jump into MySQL. As you can see, I'm making heavy use of colors and background images in an attempt to make these tables attractive and informative. (I forgot if I mentioned it on my web page, but you can choose style sheets if you're using a Mozilla browser.) I just wanted to know if I can retain the colors and background images if I convert this to a MySQL table.

Thanks!

P.S. I have perused http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html , and I found the answers to many of my other questions there.