----- Original Message -----
From: "Nils Valentin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "D Crompton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: local vs %

I might be wrong, but the first thing I always do immmediately after
installation is delete any  anonymous user. There is really no need for any
extra account from security point of view.

This also means that one entry f.e  [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be enough as the "%"
contains
any host (including the localhost).

Anybody, please correct me if I am talking rubish ;-)

Best regards

This is what i orignally thought but he manual implies differently:

"If we don't add the entry with localhost, the anonymous user entry for
localhost that is
created by mysql_install_db will take precedence "

Therefore you have to also add a localhost ?