Hi Mike,

there are two reports on devshed which I believe are an excellent source.
There is really nothing to add. Print them off read them carefully on your
way home and tomorrrow you will be 2 steps further.

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Access/page1.html
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Grant_Tables/page1.html
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Administration/page1.html

They also offer printer friendly formats.
I hope you dont think ... hmm just another document ;-). They are really worth
the time.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 6月 3日 火曜日 11:09、Mike Walth さんは書きました:
> Hello all:
>
> I have gone through the documentation, and also the archives, and still
> can't grasp why things happen with privileges.
>
> Here is what I am trying to understand and accomplish.  For my own benefit
> I'm trying ot understand the user and db tables of mysql.
>
> If I setup a user with no privileges, but in the db table they have
> privileges, that user can still select, insert, etc even when it is set to
> no in the user table.
>
> A couple questions I have:
>
> What are the differences between the user/db table?
> Also for the best security what shoudl I set the privileges to for
> everyone. There are multiple db's on the server, and only one user per db,
> and they only need the basic privilges, i.e. create tables, select, insert,
> etc.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Walth
> CinoFusion