I have problem with running mysqld
I installed the following rpm packages incladed with RedHat 7.1 (Seawolf) edition cd`s
which I am running on my machine:
-mysql-3.23.36-1
- mysql-server-3.23.36.1
- mysql-devel-3.23.36-1
First I tried to initialize as a root tables with following command: mysql_install_db
and then typed in safe_mysqld &.
I got the following inforamtion on the screen: Starting mysql deamon with database
from /var/lib/mysql and then
mysqld ended.
In the /var/log/mysqld.log file I had the following information:
mysql started
/usr/libexec/mysqld: Can`t find file ' ./mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
mysqld ended
I couldn`t see any mysql tables or databases in mentioned above file.
Could you tell me what I did wrong
My Linux kernel is 2.4.2-2 on i686 and the glibc is glibc-2.2.2-10. This is
partitionless instalation.
My hardwear is: Athlon 1.8 XP

Thanks in advance
Gregory