Richard,

please read http://www.mysql.com/doc/U/s/Using_stack_trace.html and
follow instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved
stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do
resolve it.

Also note that you should make sort buffer and record buffer smaller, say
512k. mysqld may be hogging too much memory.

record_buffer=2093056
sort_buffer=2097144
max_used_connections=385
max_connections=2000
threads_connected=382
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (record_buffer + sort_buffer)*max_connections =
3997872 K

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Transactions, foreign keys, and a hot backup tool for MySQL
Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/