Hello Heikki,

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 14:29, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
> Richard,

> hmm... maybe mysqld is reporting a wrong query in a crash. Do you have any
> BLOB (or TEXT) tables and what kind of queries you run on them? How big are
> the BLOBs if any?
>
> The hex dump looked like parts of some long CHAR or TEXT fiels.
>
> By the way, you do not have an index on 'SITE' in the table. An index might
> speed up your queries.

Okay, I by looking at that text, I found two tables with TEXT columns
and then selected for the data that showed up in the error log.  I found
the following two columns that match.

mysql> select * from RATINGS_WHENU where FEEDBACK like '%first order was
very late%'\G
          ID: 180
        SITE: 144
   CLIENT_ID:
3LR0ZynFKovQmeffNkvFgfzrfB/d5b49a1512559abbd41350cfa46e4a61
       STOCK: Y
    NAVIGATE: Y
      TIMELY: N
       AGAIN: Y
    CUSTOMER: Y
ENTERED_TIME: 2001-01-22 01:40:17
    FEEDBACK: first order was very late.
second, was on time.
 LAST_UPDATE: 20010122014017
        MEET: Y
   CONTACTED: Y
    COMPLETE: Y
   SELECTION: Y
     PRICING: Y
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select * from RATINGS_WHENU where FEEDBACK like '%TOO SLOW%'\G
          ID: 247
        SITE: 221
   CLIENT_ID:
KiAqHyjJGsvQmefvzfnrfNkrBC/1f856f57cb8bb2e77734a855460a505c
       STOCK: Y
    NAVIGATE: Y
      TIMELY: Y
       AGAIN: Y
    CUSTOMER: U
ENTERED_TIME: 2001-01-29 11:43:27
    FEEDBACK: The site is just TOO SLOW. Otherwise, well done.
 LAST_UPDATE: 20010129114327
        MEET: Y
   CONTACTED: N
    COMPLETE: U
   SELECTION: Y
     PRICING: N
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> show create table RATINGS_WHENU\G
       Table: RATINGS_WHENU
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `RATINGS_WHENU` (
  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `SITE` int(11) default NULL,
  `CLIENT_ID` varchar(64) default NULL,
  `STOCK` char(1) default NULL,
  `NAVIGATE` char(1) default NULL,
  `TIMELY` char(1) default NULL,
  `AGAIN` char(1) default NULL,
  `CUSTOMER` char(1) default NULL,
  `ENTERED_TIME` datetime default NULL,
  `FEEDBACK` text,
  `LAST_UPDATE` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
  `MEET` char(1) default NULL,
  `CONTACTED` char(1) default NULL,
  `COMPLETE` char(1) default NULL,
  `SELECTION` char(1) default NULL,
  `PRICING` char(1) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
) TYPE=InnoDB

So perhaps mysql *is* reporting the wrong query.  I was at least able to
select them out of the table above.

I have exorcised the code we have that updates and interacts with this
table in order to try and cause the server to crash to no avail.

What's next?

Best,

--
Richard F. Rebel