Carlos,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Carlos Proal"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: start innodb without transactions

> Hi Heikki et al.
> I have solve my problem :). The fact about my missed table was my fault,
> because indeed those tables doesnt exist anymore (one developer had
deleted
> them).

ok, good :). There are no clear corruption reports from Solaris for almost 2
years now.

> Even when my db is up and running im figuring out why there is not an
option
> to skip commit/rollback pending transactions ?, this way i would have a
> quitely weekend, heheehe, no problem thanx a lot for your help.

You definitely had some problem with log files because InnoDB was not able
to scan them at all. Make sure

innodb_log_files_in_group * innodb_log_file_size < 2G

If you upgrade to 4.0.13, then the limit is 4G.

To get the database to a consistent state, pending transactions have to be
rolled back in crash recovery. If that is not possible because of
corruption, you have to set innodb_force_recovery to:

3 (SRV_FORCE_NO_TRX_UNDO) do not run transaction rollbacks after recovery;

and dump your tables and recreate the whole tablespace.

> Carlos

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Transactions, foreign keys, and a hot backup tool for MySQL
Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/