From: Jonas Geiregat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 1:37 PM
To: 'Mysql'
Subject: @@identity

I'm using php + mysql for my project
I want to get the last insert ID.
I could use the php function mysql_last_id();
but I could aslo use @@identity.
Now some people have advised me NOT to use @@identity, cause it's not
save buggy sometimes slow ..
is this true am I better of with the php function ?
also I do my query insert something
after that query I do an other query to get the last insert ID,
if someone else does a insert query between those 2 query's won't that
affect my last insert ID and won't I get the wrong one ?