From: "Grégory Verret" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, 25 June, 2003 00:31
Subject: SQL Query

Hi all,

   I just looked at the mysql doc and I didnt find an answer to my question.

does mysql has the minus statement ? or is there something similar ?
SELECT something FROM somewhere MINUS SELECT something_else FROM somewhere;

Or this one could do the job but mysql doesnt seems to accept it either..
SELECT id FROM there WHERE id != ( SELECT id FROM this_one );

so Here's what I want to do...
my Tables are :

CREATE TABLE Place (
id           INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Name     VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
Desc      TEXT,
PRIMARY KEY (id) );

CREATE TABLE Place_link (
Place     INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL REFERENCES Place(id),
LinkTo  INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL REFERENCES Place(id),
PRIMARY KEY (Place, LinkTo) );

   I got a table with different places (Amusement park, Store, etc... ) and
the Place_linf table contains the id of a place (Place) and if from that
place, you can go to another place, its in the LinkTo.

example : You got the 1:Market, 2:Zoo, 3:Pool, 4:Arena, 5:Stadium
   From the market you can go to the zoo and the Arena, and from the pool,
you can go to the zoo, and the market...
   so we have :
Place - LinkTo
  1             2
  3             1
  3             2
  1             4

so my query is: I want Place(id,Name) from Place but not the market (id !=
'1') and not the place where the market has a link to (not 2, 4). And I dont
know how to do this query...

Anyone knows ? (if someone understand what im trying to do hehe)

Thx
Gregory