On 25-Jun-2003 Rob wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to do a mysql dump in which each table is dumped into a
> separate file.  I know I can use the --tables option to specify a table,
> but this means I have to type out each table name (and there are a lot
> of them).  Is there any way to get mysql to automatically iterate
> through all the table names and dump each table to a separate file.  The
> reason for this is that the db is BIG and we don't want to have to lug
> 200+mb files around.  Plus mysql seems to have a real issue with dumping
> large dbs into one file.  We've tried about 5 - 10 times and we keep
> getting corrupted data in the file.

 ---
#!/bin/sh
#

DBS="gl ar ap inv"

for K in $DBS
do
    TBLS=`mysql -N -e "show tables" $K`
    for I in $TBLS
    do
        mysqldump -e -q --add-drop-table $K $I > $K.$I.sql
        rm -rf $K.$I.sql.gz
        gzip $K.$I.sql
    done
done
 ---

Regards
--
Don Read                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to