# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2003-06-20 11:07:09 -0400:
> Hello,
> I am trying to compile MySQL 3.23.57 on NetBSD 1.6.1.  I downloadded
> pthreads-1_60_beta6-mysql.tar.gz from your site and extracted it to
> mysql-3.23.57/  I ran ./configure --with-mit-threads in mysql-3.23.57 and
> everything went fine.  However, when I run make, I get the following
> errors after a bunch of output:
> Making all in mit-pthreads
> make: don't know how to make all. Stop

    looks like you're misusing the pkgsrc system. you can read about
    using pkgsrc here:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/users-guide.html

    however, I see that the newest version of MySQL pkgsrc has is 3.23.49
    (which probably is why you're doing what you're doing).

    you'll probably make it easier for yourself (at least in the long
    run), and help the community, if you update the NetBSD package. The
    fix might be as easy as modifying the value of ${DISTNAME} in
    /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client/Makefile.common, but that depends
    on how much is the original MySQL source patched in pkgsrc, and how
    much it changed between 3.23.49 and 3.23.57.

    Documentation is here:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/developers-guide.html

    note: I might be babbling utter nonsense here as I've never really
    used NetBSD: I'm a FreeBSD user.