Thank you for replying.
I can change DISTNAME in Makfile.common, but then I might not be able to
uninstall it.  I am relatively a novice, and I don't want to mess anything
up.
In order to use MySQL, will I need to download both the client and the
server?  I don't have a lot of space on my HDD, and I only want to
download what is needed.
Thanks,
Yasir