On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 07:15 PM, Bruce Feist wrote:

otherguy wrote:

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 03:43 PM, MyLists wrote:

That gets me halfway there

BF: Does it?

No, I don't think it does, upon further consideration and testing... I thought it did b/c I read, and misinterpreted the UNION documentation....

BF: In your original question, you'd indicated that you only wanted zips where *both* criteria were met -- enough CIRGs and enough CILTs. By using a UNION, you'll be getting zips where *either* is met.

This is right.
The key for my situation is that I need ONLY the records that exist in BOTH.

Any other thoughts for this, or am I bumping up against the limits of SQL in general?

Well, keep in mind that although SQL can do a lot in a single statement, it can't always do *everything* required for a business function in one statement.

As I'm painfully aware of, but was hopeful about.

[snip]

Here's a sequence.

[snip]

I can't thank you enough for your time and effort. I should be able to tweak this enough to make it usable.

Thanks again. Now I just have to beat up the system guys for making me do this :)

Thank you,
-Cameron Wilhelm