> > If maximum speed is critical.
> >
> > It's easy to lose sight of the fact that speed is not the
> > only criterion
> > in choosing a DBMS.  Features, stability, security, and so on can be
> > just as important or more so.  No single DBMS is going to win all the
> > prizes; the trick is to find the one with the right balance.
> >

> I agree with your opinion in 100%, but in my case I need DBMS with
> features like subselectes/utf-8/stored procedures but the speed is also
> very important issue.

Suggestion (1): Use PostGreSQL. They have a good list and many people
their will be more than willing to help you tune your tables. Some of
the people on their list are overly sensitive to the MySQL vs.
PostGreSQL arguments, but I think most are not.

Suggestion (2): If, even with help from their list, you can't get enough
performance out of PostGreSQL, you should by then have identified what
tables need to be high-performance, and you should be able to use MySQL
for those.

Use all your tools.

--
Joel Rees, programmer, Kansai Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan