Hey folks,

before posting to the bugs-list I would like to try it here to get some help :).
Every now and then MySQL-4.0.13 crashes on my Dual-Athlon-MP-machine.
Its not reproducible nor I know a query which does it.
(The log shows that at the end, so no query :-( :
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x5e13a478  is invalid pointer
thd->thread_id=2223573
)
The server is the standalone db-server for one accessing webserver, its running
RedHat-Linux 7.2 with all their latest patches. Kernel 2.4.19-XFS with MySQL
running on an XFS-filesystem. No replication but query-cache enabled.

Ok but now the worse thing started for 2 times I already got this problem in the
logs:
Number of processes running now: 16
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17193 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17191 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17190 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17145 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17144 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17098 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 17025 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 16987 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28393 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28392 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28391 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28389 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28388 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28387 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28386 - killed
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 28385 - killed
030722 20:46:26  mysqld restarted
----

Afterwards there is a init-process taking 99% from one CPU.
The first time I tried to reboot the machine, which didn't work as
the shutdown process was hanging then.

Any ideas whats wrong and how to fix it?
Didn't see a mention of a fix for that problem in the 4.0.14-changelog, will it
still fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas