Hello gang,

This may be a very simple question and possibly could have a very simple
solution to it. Since I have been using mysql for less than 2 months, I
still consider myself a newbie.... I still cannot execute certain
commands from my dos prompt, but I can run queries easily using
phpmyadmin. I have purchased MYSQL Second Edition (Paul Dubois) so I
hope to put it to good use soon....

The question that is of concern to me this morning is the prefered way
to start mysql. I seem to think that I always have a problem because
when I start my PC, mysql is already running as a service. But I am
thinking that because I login to my PC as any user other than the dbase
username, I have a problem afterwards.

Must I always log on to my PC (Win2K) as the same user as the created
user in my DBase in order for mysql to run properly?

All advices are welcome.

Thanks

Ola