From: "Fawad Siddiqui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 8:05 PM
Subject: Books advice

Hi,

I would like to learn about RDBMS, namely mysql of course, but know really
nothing in this area, so have to learn about; RDBMS, SQL and mysql from
scratch.

In this regard, if anyone knows of any books they think would start me off
on the right foot, I would be very grateful.

I have done some searching on Amazon, with the following results.

1.    Beginning Databases with MySQL
       by Richard Stones, Neil Matthew

2.    MySQL Cookbook
       by Paul DuBois

3.    Managing and Using MySQL
      by George Reese, et al

4.    Inside Relational Databases
       by Mark Whitehorn, Bill Marklyn

5.    Database Design
       by Ryan K. Stephens, Ronald R. Plew

6.    The Practical SQL Handbook: Using SQL Variants
       by Judith S. Bowman, et al

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Fawad