Currently, I have a Celeron 1.2 Ghz server with 512 RAM, and I'm considering
moving to a P4 2 Ghz with the same amount of RAM. I have a few specific
tables with several million rows of data, and it takes quite a long time to
process that data on my current server. Does anyone have a good idea of the
type of performance increase I'd see if I moved to a P4 server?

I'm hoping to see a response like, "Oh yeah - I moved to a P4 from a Celeron
and operations that used to take 10 minutes now take 1 minute or less - all
because MySQL has special options to take full advantage of the P4's power."
Or something like that. <fingers crossed>

- Jonathan