I have created a user      grant all privileges on *.* to user@"%"
                                     =>identified by ' pword' with grant option;

                        and       grant all privileges on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                     =>identified by ' pword' with grant option;

but when I try and connect through mysql client(DBTools) on remote PC I get the
'access denied for user: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' (using password:yes).

According to the manual I should have created a user who can connect from anywhere as
well as from localhost. I don't understand why this isn't working.

using mysql version 4.0.14
RH 9.0
DBtools pro on win2k

Network connection is fine.