At 8:08 PM +1200 9/13/03, Robert Morgan wrote:
I have created a user grant all privileges on *.* to user@"%"
=>identified by ' pword' with grant option;

and grant all privileges on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=>identified by ' pword' with grant option;

but when I try and connect through mysql client(DBTools) on remote PC I get the 'access denied for user: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' (using password:yes).

According to the manual I should have created a user who can connect from anywhere as well as from localhost. I don't understand why this isn't working.

Are you able to connect from the remote PC if you use the mysql client instead?

Are you able to connect as this user when you try it from the server
host?

using mysql version 4.0.14 RH 9.0 DBtools pro on win2k

Network connection is fine.

Any help appreciated.

Bob

--