Hi,

I have spent the last two days trying to configure PHP 4.3.7 & MySQL 4.0.20 - none of
which is successful.

The error I have on MySql is when I go to set the root password I am told

 "connect to server at 'localhost' failed

error can't connect to MySql server on localhost 10061

check that my sqlid is running on localhost and that the port is 3306

you can check this by doing 'telnet localhost 3306.

I don't have telnet and can't figure out how to check the port.

Php also has configuration difficulties, is this causing my problem?

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Many thanks,

Angela.