you could put a shell script as the actual cron job, and make the file only read-able
by root, using an environment variable as the password passed (defined in shell script
file), so that way even if someone 'sniffs' the process via 'ps -ef' they don't see
the actual password (if they happen to catch the setting of the env var that's another
story, but _much_ less likely)