Hi there,
I'm running MySQL 4.0.16-nt (previously 3.23.5x, same system, same problem)
on Windows 2000 Pro SP3 and almost constantly run against the following
error (or similar) when I try to alter something about the structure of a
table (MyISAM database):

    Error on rename of '.\BlackBoard\uni_Forums.MYI' to
'.\BlackBoard\#sql2-350-c.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

The problem can quite easily be resolved by restarting the MySQL server.
Sometimes it works for a while then but right now I had to restart it once
for any index change (create/drop index). Is this normal? It seems this only
happens when the MySQL server is installed (not necessarily running) for
some time. I don't know if a Windows restart would help, other applications
and servers work perfectly.

I just did a filesystem check on that NTFS partition, but no errors were
found.

Did anyone experience the same problem or is this just me having those weird
problems all the time?

--
Yves Goergen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]