Duncan Hill wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2003 11:46, Francis Mak wrote:
>
>>     it works successfully, however, sometimes it just give me "Error
>> 1045: Access Denied for user '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
>>     it happens RANDOMLY.
>>
>>     Could anybody please let me know how to fix this???
>
> Remove the password from the login and the problem appears to
> go away.  I've hammered my test DBs with thousands of serial
> logins, and the problem only shows when a login has a password.

I'm sory, and I don't want to sound disrespectfull but I do really hope you
only adviced this as a testing thing and not the real thing. (Francis: for
all I know there's no bug with passwords. I've been using it without
problems for quite a while now)

An addition to my previous post, Francis, check that you have the correct
Database selected. And .. w8, i reread your grant statement,.. looks a bit
mixed up, you probably want:

        > GRANT ALL ON dbname.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'pass';

As long as your username does not contain any strange characters, it does
not need to be quoted. Not that it is any kind of a problem to do so, and
this cannot be the problem ;) (why am I writing this then, one might wonder)

Wouter