Have you flushed priv's recently?

-----Original Message-----
From: Schrodinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 1:02 PM
To: MySQL General Lists
Subject: Login Problems

Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem with a MySQL server on a
FreeBSD machine here in college. The problem began after I de-installed
the 4.1 ALPHA versions of both the client and the server, removed the
/var/db/mysql/ directory so the install would start afresh and installed
the 4.0.6 Production release, again of both the client and the server.
But after I did that users can now only connect if their passwords are
null.

As soon as a user sets a password they receive he following message:

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password:
YES)

I have tried reinstalling only to find the same problem. Can anyone
please help with this as is it hindering the development of our new web
site.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Conor Quigley.